This document’s purpose is to instruct the user on how to add another email account to your Outlook 2016 Client and then migrate that mail to another server by manually dragging and dropping that mail in between the email servers.
1) Install Outlook
2) Connect Outlook to Exchange Online
3) Connect Outlook to another email service
4) Move/Copy mail from one email service to Exchange Online
Connecting Outlook to Mailserv
Connecting Outlook to Exchange Online/Office365
In many cases, Outlook can set up your account for you with only an email address and a password. When you launch Outlook for the very first time, the Auto Account Wizard launches.
To automatically set up an account
Note: If the wizard didn't open or if you want to add an additional email account, on the toolbar choose the File tab.
2. On the E-mail Accounts page, choose Next > Add Account.
3. On the Auto Account Setup page, enter your name, email address, and password, and then choose Next.
Note: If you receive an error message after choosing Next, double check your email address and password. If both are correct, choose Manual setup or additional server types.
4. Choose Finish.
Automatic setup didn't work
If setup didn't complete, Outlook may ask you to try again using an unencrypted connection to the mail server. If that doesn't work, you can choose Manual setup or additional server types.
1. Choose Manual setup or additional server types > Next.
2. Select Microsoft Exchange Server or Compatible Service.
3. Within “Server:”enter outlook.office365.com
4. Within “UserName:” type your NetID
Note: Do not click the Check Name button at this step, or the configuration process will fail.
5. Click More Settings.
6. Under the Security Tab, uncheck “Encrypt Data between Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange“.
7. From the “Logon Network Security” drop down box select Anonymous Authentication.
8. Click on the Connections Tab.
9. Check Connect to Microsoft Exchange Using HTTP.
10. Click on Exchange Proxy Settings….
11. On the right of “Https://” type outlook.office365.com
12. Check “Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate:” and type msstd:outlook.com
13. Check “On Fast Networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP”
14. Under Proxy Authentication click the drop down box and select Basic Authentication.
15. Hit Okay twice.
16. Click on Check Name
17. An authentication prompt will appear. Enter your NetID and ACCC Common password in the corresponding fields, then click OK.
18. Click Next
19. Click Finish
Copy Folders from One Email Account to Another
2. Select the correct mail service you’d like to move the folder to and then click OK.
3. Verify the mail has copied to your target.
If you have any questions about this process please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
September 30, 2016