Booting into Safe Mode
- Restart your computer.
- Press F8 repeatedly on the keyboard until the "Advanced Boot Options Screen" pops up.
- On the Advanced Boot Option Screen, select "Safe Mode with Networking" using the arrow keys
- Press the Windows key and the F key at the same time to bring up the search funtion
- Search for "msconfig", make sure "Apps" is selected under the search bar
- Open "msconfig" and go to the tab lableled "Boot".
- Check the "Safe Boot" cehck box and choose "Network" in the options given.
- Restart the computer, and it will boot into safe mode automatically.
- When you are done using safe mode, you have to go back and uncheckthe "Safe Boot" box. (Follow steps 1-4 to get to the boot menu again).