The following instructions are for configuring the Android email clients previous to Ice Cream Sandwich to use Basic Email accounts. There is a separate set of instructions if you are using GoogleApps@UIC gmail.
Incoming email setup
- Launch the native Email application for your Android phone.
- Enter your UIC email address: yourNetID@uic.edu (where "yourNetID" is your UIC NetID) and your ACCC common password when prompted.
- Follow these steps for a manual setup if automatic does not work:
- Select IMAP as the type of connection
- Set the incoming mail server to mail.uic.edu
- Set the port to 993
- Select security type SSL
The ACCC does not recommend using POP, but if you do use it, the port is 995 and set the option to never delete email from server.
Outgoing email setup
Use these settings for manual setup if automatic does not work:
- SMTP server should be set to mail.uic.edu
- Port should be 587
- Security type is TLS
- Enter your UIC NetID and your ACCC common password.