ACCC offers ActiveSync capabilities with its Exchange Server configuration. This allows mobile devices that use ActiveSync technology to connect to and receive updates using PUSH technology.
Requirement: iPhone, iPod touch or iPad (iOS v2.0 and greater required)
Note: We do not provide support for these devices. These instructions are provided as a courtesy for our users. It is recommended you perform a backup/sync with your iTunes application prior to performing this setup.
For Original iPhone users, you must have the latest version of the iPhone OS installed in order to use Exchange functionality. Please note that this will only sync Mail, Contacts and Calendars. All Notes, To Do lists and any other items will NOT be synced. This process should also work for iPod Touch users who have the upgraded applications and 2.0 iPod Touch software. You do not need a VPN client when using the iPhone on Exchange.
Instructions for Apple Devices
- First, clear out any old UIC Exchange mobile configuration files from the iOS device. Check if you have one by navigating to Settings, then click General, then click Profile. If you see UIC Exchange, click it and then click Remove. If you do not see the profile, please skip to the Note at the end of the iOS instructions.
- Now go back into the main Settings page. Click Mail, Contacts, Calendars, click Add New Account…, then click Microsoft Exchange.
- Fill out all the information.
- Email: your UIC email address (NetID@uic.edu)
- Domain: <blank>
- Username: your UIC email address (NetID@uic.edu)
- Password: ACCC Common Password
- Click Next, it should prompt that it could not identify the settings. Click Continue and a new input field should show up for server information. Enter exchange.uic.edu. Click Next.
- Now you can choose what to sync (mail, contacts, calendars, reminders). Hit save and the device should start to pull down all your mail.
Note for Exchange Users who do not see a Profile
- Touch Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, touch your UIC Exchange account, touch Account NetID@uic.edu, and change Server to exchange.uic.edu.