These steps may differ slightly between different devices and versions of iOS. Differences may also exist between campus and personal devices.
Setting Up Office 365
Connect your iOS mobile device (e.g., iPhone or iPad) to Office 365 by following the instructions below.
1. Tap the Settings app.
2. Tap Mail
3. Tap Add Account.
4. Tap Microsoft Exchange.
5. Complete the Account Information fields using the info below and
Email: Enter your UIC email address (i.e., NetID@uic.edu)
Password: Enter your ACCC Common password.
Description: Enter "Office 365"
6. Wait a few moments for your account to verify.
7. Enter your full UIC email address (i.e., NetID@uic.edu) in the Username field and tap Next.
8. Enter "outlook.office365.com" in the Server field (if required) and tap Next.
9. Wait a few moments for your account to verify.
10. Swipe Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, and Notes to sync all of your Office 365 data.
11. Tap Save.
12. Your iOS device is now ready to be used with your Office 365 account!
2. Choose whether or not to allow the Outlook app to send notifications of incoming email and events.
3. On the “Add Email Account” screen, type your full UIC email (email@example.com), then tap add account. It should auto detect your account type. If it can’t, or is having trouble, a button will appear below “Add Account” that will allow you to choose the account type. If this happens, choose “Office 365”.
4. Type your common password, then tap “Sign in”
5..Add another account if desired, else tap “Maybe Later”
Swipe through the feature explanations or tap skip. The app should now be downloading emails and showing the inbox.
March 06, 2017