In addition to Acceptable Use Policy and Abuses and Sanctions, the following rules apply in the ACCC PC Labs:
Academic work takes priority over non-academic or non-class related work. If a student is looking for a PC to do his or her class related work and all seats are taken, and you are not doing academic work, please be prepared to leave your PC. Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.
- Be prepared to show your UIC i-card if requested.
- The lab you're using may be reserved, be prepared to leave upon notice. It is your responsibility to be aware of the reservation status of a lab. Check the reservation schedule posted on the door.
- No obscene or harassing behavior will be tolerated.
- Respect others in the labs.
- No audible music playing. Even when using headsets, those seated around you should not be able to hear it.
- Labs are study space and as such noise level should be kept to a minimum. This includes no loud conversation or cellphone usage.
- No tampering with the equipment. Please report any problem to the Client Services Office at 312-413-0003 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Absolutely NO FOOD and NO DRINKS (in open or closed containers) are allowed in the labs!
Please help us to keep the labs clean .