Google Meet for Students
Google Meet is part of Google’s G Suite for Education core tools. Students can start a chat conversation, video call, or phone call using Wi-Fi with up to 100 people at a time.
Google Meet Tips
- Before using Meet, users need to create a G Suite UIC account. Learn more here.
- Google Meet is great for students collaborating, working on group projects, and team meetings.
- Google Meet accommodates up to 250 participants (until 9/30/2020).
- Meet has screen and file-sharing capabilities but screen-sharing is limited to one person at a time.
- Recording sessions is not enabled for Meet, so meetings cannot be recorded.
- International Students: Please note, Google/Google Hangouts may be blocked in certain countries.