Prepare for the Challenge of Teaching this Fall – Free Virtual Conference hosted by Arizona State University
July 14, 2020
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
**This is a 2-day free virtual conference event hosted by Arizona State University, REMOTE is an independent conference wholly owned by the ASU Foundation.**
REMOTE: The Connected Faculty Summit provides a forum to identify and promote the best possible pedagogy, techniques and tools by faculty for online and blended learning and to help faculty design the most engaging experience for learners. Hosted by Arizona State University, REMOTE is an independent conference supported by the ASU Foundation.
What is it?
On July 13 and 14, REMOTE: The Connected Faculty Summit hosted by ASU will showcase best practices, techniques, and tools to provide actionable insight to Higher Education faculty around the concept of “the best of online education.” Attendees can access 60 curated sessions of 30 minutes during two 4-hour days of simultaneous learning tracks.
This virtual conference is free of charge for those involved in learning delivery (faculty and learning practitioners) as well as Administration worldwide.
REMOTE helps higher education faculty get ready for the challenge of teaching in what promises to be a complex and messy fall semester. The virtual conference will showcase master practitioners across Higher Education, providing the opportunity to see how they lead their classes online and learn best practices by discipline.
- Discipline insights. Sessions will be led by educators across Gen Ed - and you can pick up discipline specific tips from established online experts.
- Increase student engagement. Sessions will include how to engage students virtually, ensure diversity and inclusion in the online classroom, and improve the effectiveness of mixed mode teaching, among other topics.
- Build a network of support. Meet and engage with peers and experts, as in any in-person event. Participate in one-on-one sessions, one-to-many events, and virtual lounges to allow serendipity and connections to blossom.
- Gain access to curated free resources to use in your courseware. Recorded sessions from the event itself will be available until the end of 2020.
- Understand policy issues amid shifts in higher education. Ideal for deans, provosts, and administrators.
Schedule of Events: https://www.theremotesummit.org/remote-schedule
Register Here: https://www.theremotesummit.org
Jun 23, 2020
Jun 24, 2020