ACCC Maintenance Window: August 14 – 16 Planned Downtime Schedule
Aug 14-16 Planned Downtime Schedule - ACCC Maintenance Window
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
Please note that ACCC’s next quarterly maintenance window is from Friday, August 14, starting at 9:30PM, through Sunday, August 16, 11:59PM.
ACCC maintenance windows are scheduled to have the least impact on UIC operations, and downtime for services is kept to a minimum. However, certain services may be unavailable for extended periods of time due to necessary updates.
Below is the schedule for maintenance window activities that will impact ACCC services:
Friday, August 14, 2020
- Communication and Collaboration Services
- Between 9:30 PM and 11:59 PM, ACCC will perform maintenance on servers, which will improve the reliability of Office 365, UIC Alerts, UIC-WiFi. No downtime is expected.
- Print Services
- Between Friday, 9:30 PM and Saturday, 11:59 PM, the Pharos U-Print printing service will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance. Wepa Print services will remain available.
Saturday, August 15, 2020
- Database Services
- Between 6:30 AM and 8:30 AM, maintenance will be performed on Windows servers that host SQL 2014 and 2016 Reporting Services. RS reports will not be available during this time. The SQL 2014 and 2016 database instances will not be affected.
- Email Services
- Between 1:30 PM and 2:00 PM, email spam filtering will be rebooted to improve performance. No downtime is expected.
- Between 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM, maintenance will be performed on infrastructure supporting most ACCC services. No downtime is expected for most services, but VoIP phones may experience limited downtime.
- Network Services
- Between 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM, maintenance will be performed on wireless network authentication servers. Authentication to Chicago campus UIC-WiFi may fail from 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM. Authentication to the Eduroam network and the Rockford campus wireless network may fail between 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM.
- Research Network
- Between 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM, maintenance will be performed on the research network routers. Research network connectivity will be unavailable during this time.
- Between 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM, maintenance will be performed on Bluestem and Shibboleth authentication services. Authentication to systems using Bluestem and Shibboleth will be unavailable during this time.
- Between 1:00 PM and 1:30 PM, maintenance will be performed on servers using Shibboleth. Authentication to systems using Shibboleth may fail during this time.
- Teaching & Learning Services
- Between 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM, Panopto services will undergo scheduled maintenance. Panopto will not be available during this time.
- Between 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM, the Virtual Computer Lab infrastructure will be updated. The service will not be available during this time.
Sunday, August 16, 2020
- Email Services
- Between 12:00vPM and 12:30 PM, maintenance will be performed to improve the availability of email services. No downtime is expected.
- Virtual Machines
- Between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM, maintenance will be performed on some virtual machines. Please be aware that minor service interruptions are possible during this time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report a service outage that you believe is not part of the above maintenance activities, please contact ACCC Network Operations Center at 312-413-0003 Option 2.