Fine-Tune Your Blackboard Notifications
If you are using Blackboard Learn, you have probably noticed that the notification system is always ON, so you will want to choose which course activity notifications you receive. Notifications for new announcements, assignments, due dates and more, can be sent to your Activity Stream, email, and Blackboard app.
To get started:
- Log into Blackboard.
- Click on your Activity Stream page. (You can also access these settings from your profile page.)
- Select the Stream Settings gear icon to open the Notification Settings panel.
- Your Activity Stream notifications can be accessed by clicking on the world icon. Select which notifications you want to receive about activity in all your courses. (Notifications for due dates, grades, and feedback always appear in your Activity Stream.)
- Select the email icon to choose how often you want to receive emails for course activities. (You can choose once a day, or per activity. Just check the boxes to set your preference.)
- Select the bell icon to choose to receive discussion, grade feedback, and due date updates as push notifications on your mobile device when using the Blackboard app.
Follow these simple steps and you’ll be in tune with all your notifications for the semester.
To log into Blackboard now, visit uic.blackboard.com.