Cisco Webex Meetings is a multi-functional video and audio conference web application that combines web-based meetings with integrated collaboration tools such as whiteboard, chat, and screen share. Webex also accommodates users who only need telephone conferencing. While hosts need a Webex account to initiate meetings, participants are not required to have an account.
- How do I schedule and start Webex meetings on behalf of someone else?
- What is Webex Personal Room?
- How can I request my own Webex host account?
- How can I schedule a Webex meeting in Microsoft Outlook for the Mac?
- What should I do if authentication failed when trying to log in to Webex?
Faculty and staff can host meetings with real-time data, application, voice, and video sharing capabilities:
- Schedule, host, and attend video and audio meetings
- Connect with video and online chat
- Share application, documents, video, multimedia files, and web browsers
- Use online whiteboards and make annotations
- Talk through your computer, landline, or mobile device
- Integrate with Outlook and other calendar applications
- Join on-the-go with your mobile device
When you login for the first time with your UIC NetID and password, your account will be created and you will be able to immediately initiate meetings directly from your computer or mobile device.
Hosts need to have an account. Participants do not require an account to participate and can become presenters once in the meeting.
For more information on systems requirements, visit https://help.webex.com/en-us/nki3xrq/Webex-Meetings-Suite-System-Requirements
|Requirements for web-based meetings||Requirements for audio-only meetings|
|Operating System||Mac - OS 10.7 or newer||Telephone or headset with microphone|
|PC - Windows 7 or newer|
|Linux is not supported by Webex and it will not work for hosting meetings|
Google Chrome: 23+ Mozilla Firefox: 10+ Internet Explorer: 8+
Google Chrome: 23+ Mozilla Firefox: 10+ Apple Safari: 6.1.5+
|Broadband/high-speed internet||1.5mbps minimum/3mbps preferred|
|HD/HQ webcam||For video conference capabilities|
|Headset with microphone|
|Computer speakers (non-speaking participants only)|
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||Under 2 business days for conferencing tools, unless in-person training/discussion is required, or escalation to the vendor is required|
|Incident Resolution Time||Under 2 business days unless escalation to the vendor is required|
|Maintenance Window(s)||Approved Technology Solutions maintenance window(s). Occasionally major upgrades take place outside of this window, which are always communicated to the campus.|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||Technology Solutions Service Notices, REACH distribution email list|
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Date Reviewed||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Service Owner: Jelene Crehan (Interim)|