ACCC provides a centralized platform for campus units to establish departmental digital signage. The portal is centrally managed by the ACCC and Industry Weapon, the company that provides the service on the cloud. Departments that purchase this service can manage and upload content from anywhere.
- How do I sign in to CommandCenterHD?
- Who handles support for CommandCenterHD?
- What are the features of Digital Signage?
- What are some requirements concerning digital signage ?
- Users can display various types of media with your digital sign (PowerPoint, JPG, RSS feeds, MP4, FLV, etc.)
- Digital signage can be programmed to display content relevant to a specific department
- Users can easily and quickly create and deliver the contents to the digital signage
- Contents are created and maintained through the online portal
- Free Contents from Industry Weapon every Friday
- Industry Weapon provides free 24/7 tech support
- Industry Weapon provides free training for department
- Industry Weapon provides the access to their platform on the cloud
While ACCC manages the back end, the creation and maintenance of the contents is the sole responsibility of the department. Department is responsible for obtaining and maintenance of their own hardware.By signing up and using this service, users agree to abide to the UIC Digital Signage Guide and any other ACCC defined requirements.
- NOTE: Departments that are moving from FourWind with existing hardware are exempt from the below requirement until their hardware refresh cycle ends
- A desktop PC with a static IP and at least the following hardware:
- 2 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor*
- 4 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 4 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 32 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
* Base level specifications, assuming IW Player is the only application running on the device,
additional performance requirements may apply based on use case
- Required Software
- Windows machine (running Windows 7 or later) with .NET Framework 4.6.2 or higher
- VC Redistributable 2005
- Flash Player
- Monitor must be
- Commercial grade 24/7 Large-format Display
- LED-Direct Lit LCD Display
- Monitor size should be within 48″ to 65″ (contact ACCC first if you want to use a different size for your application)
- The PC must join Active Directory and be set to auto login via GPO
- (ACCC will place the computer in a special OU with GPO for auto-login, and firewall configuration)
- If a audio/video extender is needed, please make sure it can feed 720i or 1080p resolution
- The PC must be on the digital signage vlan (vlan610)
- Request static IP by creating a RT ticket to ACCC Network
Basic Player License Only: $30 per month for each display*
Please contact ACCC for specific details on pricing.
Estimate cost breakdown of a typical digital signage project. (This is only use for your reference, price may vary depending on different factors of your project).
- Monitor: ~$1700
- PC: ~$650
- Mount: ~$100
- Power outlet: ~$1000 (varies depending on location)
- Network Jack: ~$1000 (varies depending on location)
- Installation: ~$1000 (varies depending on who you use)
Total (Approximate): ~$5450 per digital signage unit plus $30 monthly license fee
*If you need special features, please contact us for inquiry. There will be additional cost for the special feature that will be paid directly to the vendor.
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||Player license 1 business day. User access 1 business day|
|Incident Resolution Time||Software 2 business days. Hardware is customer-dependent|
|Maintenance Window(s)||Every Saturday at 1:00am. Approved ACCC maintenance window(s).|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||ACCC Service Notices, Digital Signage distribution email list|
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Date Reviewed||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Service Owner: Ed Zawacki (Interim)|