This Google-powered email service is automatically provisioned for all students and is optional for faculty and staff. Gmail can be accessed via the web client or desktop and mobile native clients. Gmail is part of the G Suite for Education core tools.
- What is the email address of my GSuite@UIC account?
- How do I migrate my UIC G Suite emails into a UIC Exchange account?
- Organized inbox – Social and promotional messages are sorted into categories so you can read messages from friends and family first
- Less spam – Gmail blocks spam before it hits your inbox to keep your account safe and clutter free
- Unlimited storage – You won’t need to delete messages to save space
Service is contingent upon current relationship with UIC through class registration, employment, or other valid affiliation. Upon leaving UIC, a grace period is in effect for all services accessed with a UIC NetID and common password. At the end of the grace period access to services (including email accounts and email forwarding) is terminated. We recommend that students, faculty and staff leaving UIC download or migrate their email, calendars and documents prior to the end of the grace period.
Before you can access GSuite@UIC features from a desktop or mobile email or calendar application, you must change your common password in order to propagate it to Google.
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||2 business days|
|Incident Resolution Time||2 business days unless escalated to vendor (Google)|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||ACCC Service Notices, REACH distribution email list|
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Date Reviewed||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Service Owner: Ed Zawacki (Interim)|