A listserv is an email-based list of subscribers, which can be used as a discussion group, a distribution list, or a group or campus unit email address.
- How do I add a co-manager to a listserv?
- How do I create a listserv?
- How Do I Manage Listserv Subscription in FormMail?
Common uses of listserv include:
- Discussion group, in which a message from any of the subscribers is distributed to all subscribers
- Distribution list, in which one or more people can post messages to the list
- Group email address, in which email from non-subscribers is distributed to a list of subscribers
The email address of a listserv list is in the format email@example.com. A list can be configured in many different ways. Some of the configuration options include:
- list moderation where one or more designated moderators approve messages for distribution
- automatic filtering of attachments if desired
- automatic deletion of invalid e-mail addresses
- posting messages to the list can be limited to subscribers or open to anyone
- custom banners and automated email templates
- archives of list messages
In addition, subscribers can customize their subscription on a per-list basis in order to:
- receive digest or index subscription format
- receive optional acknowledgment or copy of their message distributed to the list
- temporarily suspend delivery
Listserv subscription is open to any email address. Listserv lists are created to serve UIC groups. We do require that someone with a valid UIC NetID (faculty, staff member or student) be listed as a primary owner for the list, although someone else may be designated to maintain the list.
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||Automatically provisioned|
|Incident Resolution Time||2 business days|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||ACCC Service Notices, REACH distribution email list|
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Date Reviewed||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Service Owner: Ed Zawacki (Interim)|