UIC Alert is a service that allows authorized UIC officials to send email and/or text messages to mobile phones or any text message capable device in the case of a campus emergency.
- Once per year, users receive a request to confirm their mobile phone number(s) in the UIC Alert system
- Unconfirmed numbers will not receive emergency notifications
- Information is stored securely and will only be used under emergency circumstances or during a system-wide test of UIC Alert
- Mobile phone numbers are kept private and not shared with anyone
- Mobile phone numbers or wireless email addresses can be added or removed at any time
UIC NetID and common password are required to subscribe or remove mobile phone numbers from UIC Alert.
There is no charge for this service. However, your mobile service provider and plan may charge you for receiving text messages, so consult your provider for details. While UIC Alert will normally only be used in the event of an emergency, it may be tested once a semester to make sure it works correctly. You will also receive a text message when you sign up for the service.
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||2 business days|
|Incident Resolution Time||1-2 business days|
|Maintenance Window(s)||Approved ACCC maintenance window(s).|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||ACCC Service Notices, REACH distribution email list|
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Date Reviewed||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Service Owner: Cynthia Herrera Lindstrom|