Several services are available to support and enable users to make telephone calls on campus. Currently, Technology Solutions maintains two types of telephone systems: analog phones and phones using voice over IP technology. In support of calls, services are provided for conference calls and operator services. Only UIC’s authorized business managers are able to request telephone services.
- What are UIC’s telephone rates, stipulations, and services offered?
- How many phone lines can I install on one jack?
- How do I find my Phonebook Contact person?
- Can I call in to Blackboard Collaborate with my phone?
- How can I use a telephone line in Blackboard Collaborate?
- This system allows telephone calls and telecommunications to be conducted over traditional analog circuitry
- All VoIP phones come with a standard set of features such as caller ID, web-enabled voicemail, customizable ring type, and a web portal that allows users to program speed dials and other features of their phones such as call forwarding
Authentication is required to make most requests. Campus unit business managers can authorize staff to submit requests.
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||3 business days (new phone moves)|
|Incident Resolution Time||1 business day|
|Maintenance Window(s)||Approved Technology Solutions maintenance window(s)|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||Technology Solutions Service Notices, REACH distribution email list|
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Date Reviewed||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Service Owner: Jelene Crehan (Interim)|