Office 365 is a free suite of programs that includes Office applications. There are two ways to use Office 365: in the cloud using Word Online, Excel Online, PowerPoint Online, OneNote Online, etc. or by installing all the same apps locally on up to five PCs or Macs, five tablets, and five mobile devices.
Faculty and staff may still use a local version of Office Professional by installing the Campus Agreement offer for University-owned computers through the WebStore.
Exchange online is the common email and calendar solution that is available to faculty and staff. This is a separate service from Office 365.
- How do I configure my Android device for Exchange Online?
- How do I setup Exchange Online for my iOS mobile device?
- How do I activate Microsoft Office on my Mac?
- Work anywhere, anytime and across virtually any device by installing Office 365 on up to five PCs or Macs, five tablets, and five mobile devices
- Stay current with automatic updates and releases for Office 365
- Access to unlimited secure cloud-based file storage and sharing
This offer is available for free for all students, faculty, and staff with a valid UIC NetID and common password. You must install Office 365 before you can use the software. Once you leave the University, your Microsoft Office 365 subscription will end, however you may enroll in other available consumer or commercial offers at that time.
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||Provisioned nightly at 5:00am|
|Incident Resolution Time||Local Incident resolution time, 2 business days. Vendor, 1 business day|
|Maintenance Window(s)||Tuesday nights from 10:00pm to 5:00am. Approved ACCC maintenance window(s).|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||ACCC Service Notices, REACH distribution email list|
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Date Reviewed||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Service Owner: Ed Zawacki (Interim)|