People.uic.edu is the free shared personal web hosting platform for our faculty, staff, and students at UIC. The default URL for sites on people.uic.edu is http://yourNetID.people.uic.edu. You can sign up for your account by visiting people.uic.edu.
- You can manage content using SSH and SFTP clients (like Dreamweaver), or map your account as a network share.
- people.uic.edu is designed to be a personal web publishing platform, so group access is not supported.
- Each account has a 1 GB maximum disk usage quota.
- We may install content management systems such as WordPress and Drupal on people.uic.edu at your request, but we cannot provide support or troubleshooting.
- You may use SQLite or request an external MySQL database to use along with your people.uic.edu site.
- PHP and CGI are supported (codewrap and cgiwrap are no longer required).
Custom Perl and PHP libraries may be installed in your home directory.
- You may use .htaccess for access control, error pages, and redirects, among other things.
- Web server logs are available in your home directory (/home/NetID/logs).
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||In Development|
|Incident Resolution Time||In Development|
|Service Availability||In Development|
|Maintenance Window(s)||In Development|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||In Development|
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||In Development|
|Date Reviewed||In Development|
|Service Owner: Ed Zawacki (Interim)|