SharePoint is a tool for collaboration that helps groups of people (e.g. work teams or social groups) share information and work together. Members of the UIC Community can view their designated UIC site collections with SharePoint.
- Coordinate projects, calendars, and schedules
- Discuss ideas and review documents or proposals
- Share information and keep in touch with other people
The SharePoint SFTP limit is 100MB.
The University of Illinois is committed to ensuring the privacy and security of confidential data. At this time HIPAA, FERPA, or PCI data should NOT be stored in SharePoint. The SharePoint Advisory Board is investigating best practices for storage of this type of data moving forward.
Two levels of service will be created:
- Tier 1 will offer the most services and will be free. It will consist of the features most users are familiar with such as collaboration, document storage, and integration with other Office applications.
- Tier 2 will offer more complex services such as connectivity to external databases, business intelligence capabilities, and SharePoint Designer. There will be a fee associated with Tier 2 that has yet to be determined.
NothingbutSharePoint provides a comprehensive list of upcoming SharePoint Conferences, SP Saturdays, Workshops and User Groups events. This site provides a diverse SharePoint Community and is open to all SharePoint users.
SharePoint User Groups
- University of Illinois SharePoint User Group – This meeting is available online for those that are not on the Urbana campus. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the listserv
- Chicago SharePoint User Group
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||2 business days for introductory meeting before provision. 1-2 business days after the meeting to get a site provisioned.|
|Incident Resolution Time||2 business days|
|Maintenance Window(s)||AITS service status page.|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||Technology Solutions Service Notices, REACH distribution email list, AITS email and notification list.|
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Date Reviewed||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Service Owner: Ed Zawacki (Interim)|