As of Sept 17, 2020, Technology Solutions has completed all of the audit and risk requirements/findings, and the Azure cloud computing service offering is now generally available for production data at UIC. We are continuing to work on final approval for HIPAA data usage in Azure with the CISPO. If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com.
Microsoft Azure is an ever-expanding set of cloud services to help UIC innovate and meet your organizational needs. It’s the freedom to build, manage, and deploy applications on a massive, global network using your favorite tools and frameworks.
Azure products and services include:
- Compute — These services enable a user to deploy and manage virtual machines (VMs), containers and batch processing, as well as support remote application access.
- Web — These services support the development and deployment of web applications, and also offer features for search, content delivery, application programming interface management, notification and reporting.
- Data storage — This category of services provides scalable cloud storage for structured and unstructured data and also supports big data projects, persistent storage (for containers) and archival storage.
- Analytics — These services provide distributed analytics and storage, as well as features for real-time analytics, big data analytics, data lakes, machine learning, business intelligence (BI), internet of things data streams and data warehousing.
- Networking — This group includes virtual networks, dedicated connections and gateways, as well as services for traffic management and diagnostics, load balancing, domain name system (DNS) hosting, and network protection against distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
- Media and content delivery network (CDN) — These services include on-demand streaming, digital rights protection, encoding and media playback and indexing.
- Hybrid integration — These are services for server backup, site recovery and connecting private and public clouds.
- Identity and access management (IAM) — These offerings ensure only authorized users can access Azure services, and help protect encryption keys and other sensitive information in the cloud. Services include support for Azure Active Directory and multifactor authentication (MFA).
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||Within 2 business days for subscription provisioning. Additional days needed for network configuration (where necessary)|
|Incident Resolution Fulfillment Time||Within 4 business hours|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||Soapbox and Cloud Computing Cohort channel in Microsoft Teams|
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||TBD|
|Service Owner: Dean Dang|