Personal Device Maintenance
ACCC provides hands-on technical support for student, faculty, and staff personal laptops and mobile devices, assisting with connections to UIC-WiFi, virus/malware removal and protection, and installation of campus-licensed software. This service is available at our C-Stop locations.
- Support for UIC-WiFi and Res-Net connections using Windows 8 and 10, MacOS, iOS, and Android
- Network connection problems and Internet browser issues
- Adware, spyware, virus and worm removal
- Assistance with installation of antivirus, spyware, adware and malware removal tools
- Assistance with installing software sold through the WebStore
The following support is not provided:
- Installation or upgrade of any operating system
- Installation, configuration, or repair of any electronic equipment
- Installation, configuration, or repair of any software other than software supported by UIC
- ACCC consultants do not open computers or remove parts for service
- ACCC consultants do not retain any client property or data at the C-stop locations
- If you must leave before the service is complete, you will be required to take all your belongings
Important note: You must remain at the C-stop while the consultants are working on your computer. Therefore, please allow ample time in your schedule before coming to any of our locations. For suspended users requiring virus scans, the time requirement may be up to and possibly over two hours depending on the severity of the infection.
Before any work is done on a client’s computer or device, the client must complete and sign the ACCC waiver form.
When you visit, please have the following items with you:
- for desktop computers: just the computer (keyboard, mouse, monitor or power cable are not needed)
- for laptops and mobile devices: power supply and power cable
I am so thankful for the help that I received today. It took a long time to solve the problem, but it was worth every minute that it took. I was treated kindly and efficiently. UIC should feel proud to have such excellent staff.
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||Walk-ins with no appointments. First-come, first-served.|
|Incident Resolution Time||Varies depending on the severity level of the technical issue. Best effort is put towards resolving the incident the same day.|
|Service Availability||Based on C-Stop Hours|
|Maintenance Window(s)||There are no maintenance windows|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||ACCC News and Alerts|
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||Provisional SLA|
|Date Reviewed||Provisional SLA|
|Service Owner: Anthony Marino|