UIC provides all faculty and instructors with an easy-to-use lecture capture tool called Echo360. Users can use Echo360 to record their lectures in real time for later viewing or to create videos outside of the classroom for students to review before and after class.
Besides lecture capture in the classroom and universal capture, the Echo360 Platform now includes a set of features to support class participation and student engagement. Learn more about Q&A and Polling features in the Echo360 documentation.
- How do I find out more about Echo360 Active Learning Platform (ALP)?
- How do I access Echo360 Universal Capture?
- My classroom does not support lecture capture. What can I do?
There are five types of interactive activities to choose from: Multiple choice, Short answer, Image quiz, Ordered list, and Numerical. These polls can be used in class or can be used with online media for asynchronous activities. During a live presentation instructors can:
- See the number of students who submitted answers
- Close the question to further participation
- Show submitted answers to students during the lecture
- Show the correct answer to the question
- Reset the activity to allow students to try again
- Upload an image and create a correct answer based on a region of that image using the image quiz
- Allow students to click and drag options into their chosen order to answer the question using the ordered list
- Pose a question that has a numerical answer that is either a single number or falls in a pre-specified range using the numerical question
- Utilize the justification setting that, when checked, requires students to write a short response to justify their answer
The use of in-the-classroom polling with the Echo360 platform requires a section to be created in advance. Classroom Capture recordings must be scheduled ahead of time, and can be either one-time events or repeating semester events.
The ACCC-LTS assists with scheduling automatic capture of the east campus common use classrooms. For other classrooms, contact the appropriate department to have your lecture captured:
Universal Capture is available to all UIC faculty and instructors by request. Please note, users must already have courses created via Blackboard before submitting requests.
Recorded captures are kept on Echo 360’s servers for a period of four years before being removed.
If you are a college administrator, login to Echo360 System Administration to schedule college recordings.
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||Under 2 business days, unless in-person training/discussion is required, or escalation to the vendor is required|
|Incident Resolution Time||Under 2 business days unless escalation to the vendor is required|
|Maintenance Window(s)||Approved ACCC maintenance window(s)|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||
ACCC Service Notices
Listserv of lecture capture administrators on campus Faculty Notification System for targeted notifications for specific spaces
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Date Reviewed||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Service Owner: Elizabeth Romero Fuerte|