Poll Everywhere is a web-based audience response system that allows instructors to embed interactive activities directly into presentations. There is no software to download. The audience responds on the Web using any device or via SMS texting on a phone.
UPDATE: ACCC sponsored trial of Poll Everywhere concludes on May 30th, 2020.
In 2014, the Personal Computing Device Committee of the ITGC recommended adopting a single Student Response System (SRS) for all colleges in the university. This prompted ACCC to purchase a trial license to Poll Everywhere develop support resources, and conduct pilot research for faculty adoption of this new tool.
After careful consideration regarding the cost of moving to an enterprise license, adoption rate, feedback from faculty and instructional designers, and the availability of polling as part of Echo360, another ACCC supported system, the ACCC-LTS team determined that the Poll Everywhere trial should end.
The Poll Everywhere trial license will be active until May 30th, 2020. At that time, all instructor accounts and corresponding polls will continue to be available using the features of the free version. The enterprise features of the ACCC supported version will no longer function.
If you are interested in polling or are currently using PollEverywhere, Contact LTS@uic.edu to schedule a meeting to discuss your options or a transition plan.
- How can I record student attendance in my course site?
- Why doesn’t my course show in the list when I try to connect Blackboard to Poll Everywhere?
- How do I start using Poll Everywhere?
- What will happen with my polls when the enterprise license for Poll Everywhere expires?
- Choose from a large variety of poll activities, including multiple choice, open response, live word clouds, clickable images, up- and down-voting for Q&A, and rank order
- Poll large numbers of participants
- See polling results in Blackboard
Poll Everywhere requires industry-standard PC hardware components. For detailed information see https://www.polleverywhere.com/app/powerpoint/win-system-requirements.com/s/article/viewing-requirements-2
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||In development|
|Incident Resolution Time||In development|
|Service Availability||In development|
|Maintenance Window(s)||In development|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||In development|
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||In development|
|Date Reviewed||In development|