iThenticate is cloud-based anti-plagiarism software available to faculty and graduate students to check papers, theses, grant proposals, books, etc. Undergraduate students should use SafeAssign (part of Blackboard Learn) to check undergraduate papers.
iThenticate is an external service directly supported by the iThenticate support group and website.
- How can I access iThenticate?
- Who is my college iThenticate administrator?
- How can I prevent plagiarism in my course?
- Why does ‘Check submissions for plagiarism using safe assign’ disappear after I save it?
- To check for plagiarism, iThenticate works with partners such as ProQuest and Elsevier to compare more than 130 million documents, journals, books, conference proceedings, etc. and more than 50 billion web pages for content
- You can visit ithenticate.com/content for more details
Each college has its own domain and at least one administrator in iThenticate. College administrators manually create accounts for faculty members in the college. Graduate students can be provided access to iThenticate from their prospective thesis coordinator or appropriate department administrator. A list of college-level administrators can be found at https://answers.uillinois.edu/uic/page.php?id=90417
Unfortunately, at this time iThenticate does not have a way to integrate into the campus-provided NetID and password system. While your account will have NetID@uic.edu as your username, you will be asked to set up a password upon first login.
Once a college administrator creates an account for you, you will receive an email to activate the account. The URL is ithenticate.com
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||Vendor SLA|
|Incident Resolution Time||Vendor SLA|
|Maintenance Window(s)||Vendor provided|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||http://www.ithenticate.com/status|
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||In review|
|Service Owner: Elizabeth Romero Fuerte|