SafeAssign, Blackboard’s plagiarism prevention tool, compares submitted assignments against a set of academic papers to identify areas of overlap between the submitted assignment and existing works. Use SafeAssign to review assignment submissions for originality. SafeAssign is only available in Blackboard Learn course sites.
- What is the size limit for files uploaded into SafeAssign and Blackboard assignment space?
- What file types can be submitted to SafeAssign in Blackboard Learn?
- How can I create an assignment link using SafeAssign?
- How long does it take to receive a SafeAssign report?
- How can an Instructor view the SafeAssign percentage and report for each student submission?
The SafeAssign plagiarism detection service supports the following file formats:
- Microsoft Word documents i.e., files with .doc and .docx file name extensions
- Acrobat documents: .pdf
- HTML files: .htm and .html
- rich-text files: .rtf
- plain-text files: .txt
- open office documents: .odt
- zip files: .zip
It is highly recommended that students and instructors name documents submitted to SafeAssign using only alphanumeric characters, the period, the underscore, and the hyphen, and one of the aforementioned file types; for example NetID.final.paper.doc or group2.assignment3.report.pdf.
In particular, using space/blank characters, quotation marks, diacritical marks, the pound sign, percent sign, and any other special characters should be avoided when naming documents for SafeAssign and for most any other Web-based/cloud computing application.
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||Under 2 business days, unless in-person training/discussion is required, or escalation to the vendor is required|
|Incident Resolution Time||Under 2 business days unless escalation to the vendor is required|
|Maintenance Window(s)||Weekly maintenance window: Friday, 1:00am - 5:00am Approved ACCC maintenance window(s)|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||Approved ACCC maintenance window(s). Direct emails to campus users. LMS Login Page: uic.blackboard.com|
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Date Reviewed||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Service Owner: Elizabeth Romero Fuerte|