UIC provides all faculty and instructors with a free and easy-to-use lecture capture tool called Echo360. Along with features provided by the tool, UIC faculty have access to support, learning workshops, and personal consultations.
- How do I find out more about Echo360 Active Learning Platform (ALP)?
- Is it possible to edit lecture captures in Echo360 after they are recorded?
- Why isn’t my current class listed in personal capture even though I have registered for it in the past?
- How do I turn on “Prevent Cross Site Tracking” to correct Echo360 ALP log in problems with Safari?
Echo360 provides faculty with two distinct lecture capture options to facilitate blended learning:
- Classroom Capture
- Provided by UIC to help faculty record their lectures in a classroom setting
- Allows instructors to easily record lectures taught in specific classrooms and make them available to their students electronically via web, podcast, or vodcast
- The system will capture all audio and video sources in the classroom’s multimedia system, including the installed PC, an instructor’s laptop, the built-in and wireless microphones, and more
- Universal Capture
- Allows instructors to record captures using a stand-alone application that runs on Windows and Mac computers
- Allows instructors to record a webcam video or simply record audio and their computer screen simultaneously, which allows adding sound to PowerPoint presentations and other course material
- Allows instructors to create learning moments that students can review both before and after class
Classroom Capture recordings must be scheduled ahead of time, and can be either one-time events or repeating semester events. Captures are available within 3-6 hours of a one-hour long lecture.
The ACCC assists with scheduling automatic capture of the east campus common use classrooms . For other classrooms, contact the appropriate department to have your lecture captured:
Personal Capture is available to all UIC faculty and instructors by request . Please note you must already have your course created via Blackboard before submitting your request.
Recorded captures are kept on Echo360’s servers for a period of four years before being removed.
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||Under 2 business days, unless in-person training/discussion is required, or escalation to the vendor is required|
|Incident Resolution Time||Under 2 business days unless escalation to the vendor is required|
|Maintenance Window(s)||Approved ACCC maintenance window(s)|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||ACCC Service Notices, email@example.com listserv of lecture capture administrators on campus. Faculty Notification System for targeted notifications for specific spaces|
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Date Reviewed||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Service Owner: Elizabeth Romero Fuerte|