Panopto is ACCC’s supported media-streaming and video capture solution. Protected by UIC’s authentication process, Panopto offers instructors a secure method of sharing video content. This platform allows users to capture and edit videos, add captions, create video assignments, and insert interactive video quizzes. Panopto is easy to use: its videos can be played back on any device, and its editor runs in any web browser.
This tool is recommended for faculty and instructors who want to “flip” the classroom, or who are creating video content for blended or online courses, and for students who need to create video assignments to share with classmates and instructors.
- Easily capture video on Windows, Mac, and iOS
- Easily edit video from any web browser
- Upload existing video files and automatically convert them for playback on any device
- Search for any word spoken or shown on-screen across every video in their library
- Engage students with interactive video players that support multi-camera HD playback, inside-video search, digital notes, and more
- Access web-based analytics that provide insights into which videos are most popular, who watched which videos, video engagement, and more
HIPAA protected information should not be recorded or communicated through the Panopto system.
Panopto videos will be deleted from the system after four years.
Panopto requires industry-standard PC hardware components. For detailed information see https://support.panopto.com/s/article/viewing-requirements-2
Retention of data in Panopto
Video and related content such as bookmarks and comments are kept on Panopto’s servers for a period of three years since last viewed, then are flagged to be removed.
Service Level Agreement
|Service Request Fulfillment Time||Under 2 business days, unless in-person training/discussion is required, or escalation to the vendor is required|
|Incident Resolution Time||Under 2 business days unless escalation to the vendor is required|
|Maintenance Window(s)||Panopto: Approved ACCC maintenance window(s)|
|Service Notification Channel(s)||Panopto: Learning Management System login page. ACCC Service Notices, Direct email to clients|
|Reviewed to Ensure SLA Meets Business Requirements||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Date Reviewed||Provisional SLA - Currently under IT Governance review|
|Service Owner: Elizabeth Romero Fuerte|